Author Topic: What's Your Weather?  (Read 6646 times)

Offline nick

• Laureate
Re: What's Your Weather?
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »
No, it was in open country with no buildings around and no crops yet in the fields.  So it just carried on.
Tide goes in, tide goes out.

Offline Nam

• Son of a Motherless Goat
  • Administrator
  • Professor
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2017, 06:38:46 PM »
If it doesn't touch the ground, it's just a funnel cloud. Those are cool, too, though.

-Nam
"Presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions." -- Nam

Offline Defiance

• Librarian
  • Paint me like one of your French atheists.
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2017, 08:05:36 AM »
I didn't drive to college today, because Houston getting pounded by rain and I'd rather not be in the drain of the city when it goes down.
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2017, 12:37:44 PM »
Is it a hurricane or a tropical storm?

Offline Defiance

• Librarian
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2017, 01:28:30 PM »
Is it a hurricane or a tropical storm?

Hurricane, cat 4.
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2017, 05:50:42 PM »
I did end up seeing that on the weather channel.  Did you have to evacuate?  I saw where they are going to enforce immigration checks during the storm so undocumented people have to choose between being safe and risking being caught or staying in danger.  Awful.

Offline Defiance

• Librarian
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »
Nah, we were fine. Our area didn't get hit as hard. Just some hard rain, but our street was not flooded.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Librarian
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
Anybody here in Irma's path? Nam? You are in Florida, right? Hopefully it will have weakened when and if it comes far enough up the coast to affect us in CT, though my husband is working in Virginia and may have a bit of a mess there. And then there's Jose right on Irma's heels...which is shaping up to be pretty strong as well.

Funny how those who think it's God's will that Trump is in office, yet he's still punishing the country for gay marriage, abortion, or what have you...Does it make sense for a deity to "bless" a country on the one hand yet keep punishing them on the other? How is one to know whether or not he approves?
 ::??::

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2017, 05:36:28 PM »
Jose is not coming to the US.  Probably not even near it.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2017, 02:12:40 PM »
My mom is going to stay with her brother and family, which isn't too far from where we live. Prediction is still Southern Georgia gets a Tropical Storm, we live 19 miles to the border so I still think we're going to get the Tropical Storm rather than the Hurricane 2 or 3 (what it will be by the time it gets to us). She's going tonight, it should hit us some time Sunday.

-Nam

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »
So have you decided to ride it out?  I know so many people in various parts of Florida.  Most of them are staying where they are.  They don't live in places with mandatory evacuation.  I just hope everyone is safe.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Librarian
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:29 PM »
I have a couple of friends, a brother-in-law and a somewhat distant cousin right around the West Palm Beach area, plus our next-door-neighbors have a condo down there which they spend winters in...They are all (except for our neighbors who are still here) staying put and hoping to ride it out..

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
We have had a very mild fall so far.  It is usually much colder in October.  The leaves have not changed as much as the usually do.  I don't mind the warmer weather.  It cuts down on how much heating oil I have to buy.

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
Actually quite cold right now but Sunday and Monday will be colder. Still haven't been able to remove the damn wall where the filter is behind. Got half of it done but the other half is just improbable with the tools I have. But the heater seems to be working fine. I guess it doesn't use the filter.

-Nam

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2017, 06:19:43 PM »
The unseasonably warm weather is through.  We are now having the November brrr cold weather.  I feel like my heater is mocking me every time I hear it come on because it feels cold in the house.  I can't afford to turn it up high enough to be comfortable, I only have it high enough to be tolerable.  I wear layers and cringe when the heat comes on.

Today I had a free lunch for Veteran's Day.  We went to Texas Roadhouse.  You get to choose from a select menu.  They also gave us coupons for another free meal to use by the end of the year.