Author Topic: I'm Not a Gamer  (Read 425 times)

Offline Nam

• Son of a Motherless Goat
  • Administrator
  • Professor
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
I'm Not a Gamer
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:32:29 PM »
Early this morning around 3am I bought me an Xbox One S. I didn't get it for the gaming, I got it for the apps, the gaming is just extra. It didn't come with a game, though. I bought Resident Evil 6 today. I also bought my mom an hour ago a Blu-ray player with many, many, many apps on it. My Blu-ray player I got three years ago only has three, and that's it. We're getting rid of Dish Network by this November or sooner. It's costing my mom so much money, and I tried when we first moved here to get her to get the game consoles but she just thought they were just for games, even after I tried to explain to her it wasn't. Should have had my brother explain it to her, she would have believed him.

Anyway...

Anyone here know any good games? I prefer games that take a long time to beat, that have puzzles in them, basically role playing games. I'm not really into any other type of game, I hate time specific games.

-Nam
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:16:43 PM by Nam »
"Presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions." -- Nam

Offline Defiance

• Librarian
  • Paint me like one of your French atheists.
Re: I'm Not a Gamer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »
Oh boy. I got so much to say. Disclaimer: i'm a PC gamer so the experience may differ.

Role playing? Good story...
  • Mass Effect 2. Spacey, play at you own pace. Good story. Customize your character. Romance anyone you want (almost). Develop your character by making choices that alter the plot.
    Spoiler: show
  • Witcher 3. Not modern times. Great graphics. It was recommended to me by gamers after I told them I loved Mass Effect 2. Haven't personally played it but you probably like the type of game this is.
  • Dragon Age Inquisition. Also recommended to me as something that I might like as a fan of Mass Effect 2.
  • Skyrim. You can't go wrong if you just wanna chill in a fantasy world without timing or anything.

If you like Mass Effect 2... there's also Mass Effect 3 and the newest and coolest looking Mass Effect Andromeda. Check them out if you like it.
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton

Offline Emily

• Administrator
  • Librarian
  • ---The revolution will not be analog---
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:03:24 AM »
I have a PS4 that I bought mostly for the apps and bluray player because my old one stopped working. It came with Call of Duty, but the only game I bought for it is NHL 2017.

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
I have a PS4 that I bought mostly for the apps and bluray player because my old one stopped working. It came with Call of Duty, but the only game I bought for it is NHL 2017.

When I was setting up the Xbox One, it made me sign up as a gamer, I also had to sign up for an Outlook email. I'm like, "I'm not a gamer...I just want it for the multitudes of apps, Blu-ray player and maybe the occasional RPG." It gave me the name WoodedFlower28. I tried to change it but it wouldn't let me.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »
I bought

The only place in town that sells Xbox One games is Walmart, I'll have to look for games online in the future. The game above looked good. See how it goes.

-Nam

Offline natlegend

• Librarian
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
The ONLY reason I have my playstations is so I can specifically play Tomb Raider.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!" - Winston Zeddmore

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 05:16:49 AM »
I love this Dishonored game. The people look real, everyone isn't this pretty boy/girl character. The women have normal sized breasts. One of the "good guys" looks like Hugh Laurie. The only thing I don't like is all the reading--well, I don't mind it so much but some of what they have you read are pages long. And I can just go looking around, enjoy the scenery, and kill people, of course. And rats, I kill all the rats. They bite.

-Nam
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:17:36 AM by Nam »

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
I love this Dishonored game. The people look real, everyone isn't this pretty boy/girl character. The women have normal sized breasts. One of the "good guys" looks like Hugh Laurie. The only thing I don't like is all the reading--well, I don't mind it so much but some of what they have you read are pages long. And I can just go looking around, enjoy the scenery, and kill people, of course. And rats, I kill all the rats. They bite.

-Nam

Liked this game so much, I got the second game in the series. Found it for $24 on eBay brand new, just shipped today. Got my mom a Sherlock Holmes game.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
Got four games so far, there are other games I want (such as Mass Effect: Andromeda) but I'm not paying $60 for no game. The most I've paid so far is $24.

I got:

Dishonored Definitive Edition
Dishonored 2
Star Wars: Battlefront
Resident Evil 6

The Star Wars game sucks. Luckily I got it brand new for $10. Haven't gotten to Resident Evil 6 bcause I can't stop playing Dishonored 2. Trying to beat it without being seen. So far I haven't killed anyone...I hope. I got done earlier in the day taking out four people at once from up high and apparently there were two others there I didn't see, and they brought 3 others and when I linked four of them and was about to knock them out they started shooting each other and all died. Since I linked them and that's why they died, I hope that doesn't count against me 'cause then I have to start all over with the chapter.

Anyway...

-Nam

Offline Defiance

• Librarian
  • Paint me like one of your French atheists.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 08:23:55 AM »
Play the other mass effects. 2 and 3 and pretty cheap.
If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Isaac Newton

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 01:43:53 PM »

Yeah, I looked them up. Some games I want to play are exclusive to PS4. So sad.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »

My brother got me the Mass Effect series (except four) that's backward compatible on my Xbox One. The second is the best but has its flaws. I'm on my fourth time playing it and I'm doing the Infiltrator/Insanity/New Game+ version. Much more difficult than just a New Game. I'm at the end, can only get the human reaper down to half a life before I die every time (but not by the reaper; usually by Harbinger; I do try to get the reaper to fire on me because when he does he takes out the Harbinger and other Collectors in its firing path). I may have to start the mission over. All I got is a regular Viper rifle, Collector particle gun, and what gear Garrus and Legion have. Which ain't much.

I'm doing it purely for the badge. Then I'll never play Insanity ever again.

-Nam