Author Topic: Air Conditioner?  (Read 117 times)

Offline Nam

• Son of a Motherless Goat
  • Administrator
  • Professor
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Air Conditioner?
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »
Anyone know anything about air conditioners? Mine kicks on, works for about 2 hours then stops working. If i turn it off then turn it back on after 8+ hours it may work up to 4 hours; I live in a single wide trailer. I can't get underneath it and even if I could, with my knees, it would hurt too much. The main unit is behind a wall I can't access.

I watched some videos but they didn't help; mainly because I can't get to the main unit.

Looks similar to this (but a little wider):

-Nam
"Presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions." -- Nam

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
Re: Air Conditioner?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »
I wish I could help but I know nada about air conditioners.  We only use the AC in my son's room because of the 2 pets that are in there.  (Parrot and gecko)  My son's room has a higher ceiling and it seems to always get hotter and colder in there than the rest of the house.  There is clearly less insulation.  The one downstairs is so loud I assume there is something wrong with it so I don't use it.  There is one in my room also but a bird nested in it and I don't know if that damaged it.  When the guys did my siding they pulled the nest away but the bird put it back.  It doesn't get super hot here so we can get by with fans.  Sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable but not miserable.

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
I found a website that helps. They think my filter needs to be cleaned. The problem is it's behind a wall; so i have to remove the wall and it's not easy for a guy like me who knows nothing about carefully removing walls.

-Nam

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Laureate
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:52:30 PM »
You would think that the filter would be accessible since it is something that is prone to need cleaning.

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
You'd think. Funny enough, I've had it turned off for three days now, and still says it's off, and it turned on while off this morning.

-Nam

Offline magicmiles

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 11:48:02 PM »
Just start a meth lab. You'll eventually blow the wall out. Then you won't need A/C.

Offline Nam

• Administrator
  • Professor
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »
I'm lazy by nature but I did find a tool to remove the screw like...um...screws but it's arduous. So far, in two days, I've only removed one. Did I say I was lazy? But I am attempting to find someone (I don't have to pay; not cheap, incredibly poor)  who knows something about this particular unit; apparently they don't make this model anymore since what they currently make is cheaper and more accessible.

-Nam